Sometimes it seems like my hometown, Memphis, is last to get anything cool. I’ve been waiting on Crate & Barrel for over a decade now. So when I heard that MommyCon chose Memphis as one of their 2014 cities, I was beyond excited!
Two weeks from today, we Memphian mamas will be enjoying the following awesomeness:
- Babywearing 101 presented by Beco Baby Carrier and Ergobaby
- Cloth Diapering 101 presented by Cotton Babies
- Project Breastfeeding: Men Supporting Breastfeeding
- Normalizing Breastfeeding with The Leaky Boob
- Honest Toddler presented by Plum Organics
- Attachment Parenting Co-Founders Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker
- Greenproofing presented by Rhoost
- One Mother’s Journey: Attachment Parenting & Special Needs
- Breastfeeding in Color presented by Ergobaby
- Don’t Buy Things That Suck with The Baby Guy NYC
- Wrapping 101
- Car Seat Safety presented by Clek
- Sleep Consultations
I can’t decide which I’m more excited about – learning about wrapping, some Honest Toddler hilarity, or a sleep consultation.
On the one hand, I have a beautiful Jacquard weave Dolcino wrap I’ve never used because I’m too scared.
And the Honest Toddler session sounds really fun:
When people say “Eat Your Greens” are they talking about Jolly Ranchers or Sour Patch Kids?
— Honest Toddler (@HonestToddler) August 7, 2014
(I have a very honest toddler of my own. Last night during his bedtime I was praying with him. I said, “Thank you, God, for Matthew.” His prayer that followed? “Thank you, God, for Frozen.”) But then I think about my six-month-old daytime Baby Jekyll who turns into overnight Baby Hyde. I reeaaaalllly need some sleep, y’all. CONSULT WITH ME PLEASE.
So anyway, if you’re going to be near Memphis on August 23, Philadelphia on October 5, or Newport Beach on November 1, you’ll probably want to go to MommyCon, too. Thanks to the wonderful outreach team at MommyCon, I’m giving two readers a ticket to the event of their choice! Enter below and good luck!